WELCOME to VICTORIA LADIES GOLF CLUB
The purpose of this website is to explain the Victoria Ladies Golf Club (VLGC) activities and special events.
Victoria Ladies Golf Club operates Tuesday mornings from late April until the end of September. We play at the Victoria Golf Course, 12130 River Valley Road in Edmonton, Alberta.
The annual fee of $150 (for 2019), includes memberships with Golf Canada and Alberta Golf, as well as expenditures for club activities including hosting Edmonton Golf Association visitations, all prizes, and the year-end banquet.
The Club is a play 18-hole club, limited to a maximum of 100 members to fit the number of tee times allocated by the City of Edmonton. A nine hole club is available for members at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
For women who cannot play during the day, a Victoria Business Ladies League is available at the course on Monday evenings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE VICTORIA LADIES GOLF CLUB
1. To promote the game of golf in accordance with the policies and rules of Golf Canada, Alberta Golf, and the EGA (Edmonton Golf Association) Ladies Division. Excellent information can be found on the websites of:
· Golf Canada http://golfcanada.ca/
· Alberta Golf http://www.albertagolf.org/
· EGA Ladies Division http://www.egagolf.org/about/about-us/
· City of Edmonton http://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/golf-courses.aspx
2. To promote ladies golf through fostering friendship, being respectful each other, and encouraging good sportsmanship among the members.
3. To enable golfers of differing abilities to compete on an equitable basis by maintaining a uniform system handicapping and scoring.
4. To host, as required, Ladies’ events sponsored by Golf Canada, Alberta Golf, and EGA Ladies Division.
5. To govern through policies and procedures established by an elected Executive Committee.
RELATIONSHIP with the CITY
The Victoria Golf Course is owned by the City of Edmonton. Operation of the club house facilities is contracted out by the City to outside vendors. Leagues are totally separate and are only supported by the course administration through negotiated tee times that are blocked off on certain days for various league play. The Victoria Ladies Golf Club has an Executive Committee, elected by the members, to run its affairs. The club is not a legal entity under any government legislation, but the Executive Committee can establish policies and guidelines to facilitate its operation as outlined in the Bylaws.
If you have questions, feel free to ask any member of the executive, other ‘experienced members’, the pro-shop staff or use the Contact Us link on the left side of this page to send us an email.